Marantz AV8003 Processor

I've just received my new processor for 4 days now. After reading previous reviews, the Michael Fremer one really scared me away from the processor because of the perceived difficulties in switching inputs and a difficult remote.
I can assure everyone that inputs are easy to switch. every input is linked directly to a number. The remote's backlight can be set up to a minute. Setting personal input names and links to hdmi, coax etc can b e a little confounding but I figured everything out under an hour and half. Sound quality is good but I have yet to set the EQ with the mic. Sound is not quite as transparent as my Simaudio Attraction 7.1 but blue ray playback with the new sound formats are fantastic. Hope this will help.
anwill

Showing 4 responses by darrylhifi

For Two channel Audio you should use

1/XLR Audio Inputs for CD/SA-CD (Stereo)

2nd choice The left and right of the 7.1 channel inputs.

You want to use analog connections for analog sound . HDMI is in the digital domain, and with only rare exceptions , will not produce the best 2 chanel audio.
My advice is for the many people that do not own an SACD player that out puts DSD over HDMI , and is specific to The Marantz AV8003 . The Cary Cinema 11a is a nice machine however this thread is a discussion of the Marantz AV8003 Processor.
Sure you point is taken , however , you first want to hook it up , as per the manual . Experience the analaog domain . This way you have a point of reference. Ater than you can experiment as to how things sound via an optical , coax , or even an HDMI . If you like the souund of the DA conversion by your processor , you have that option. We basically agree , Im just posting this more for the individual who may just be getting into home theater , coming from say a 2 channel analog pre amp. Meaning start simple , then experiment , Thanks
what was thread about again?

I think its about why its taking Andy Pettitte so long to decide if he is pitching or retired .