Marantz av7005 vs av8801 vs Theta Casablanca

So I recently started upgrading some of my system starting with the speakers. I used to have a full Polk lsim 7 series 7.2 system. I have replaced most the Polk speakers with Legacy Audio, Focus se for the front, Marquis center and the new foundation subwoofer. My current pre amp is the Marantz av7005 with Emotiva xpa-1 gen 2 monoblocks for the front 3 channels, marantz mm7055 for the rears and surround. With the new setup I have found a limitation with the av7005, pro version of Audyssey no longer available. The av7005 does not let me run the front 3 channels, along with surround and back, in full range. I recently came across a deal on both a Theta Casablanca and a av8801, decided to buy both and give them a try. I have several questions. Will the av8801 allow me to run full range with the all of the channels? I believe that the Theta is a gen 1, would it be worth bringing this thing up to a newer configuration? I am still in need of better surround speakers and rears, should I try to keep going on the full range thing, legacy line, or dose anyone have suggestions for these speakers that would match with what I have. And last question, should I add width and or height. Thanks guys.

I should add that I watch lots of movies but also listen two channel. 
paullk
The Marantz AV8801 is a very nice pre/pro and a really good 2-ch preamp. I did listen to the AV8802, but quite frankly, I preferred the AV8801. I have since separated by 2ch and my HT, so the 8801 will be sold, just overkill for what I need now
I have been using the av8801, replacing the av7005,  for about a month now and I absolutely love it. The built in surround sound modes for a 2 channel signal are night and day better than av7005. Analog music is better also. I have used 2 inexpensive active crossovers to extract the front subwoofer signal and blend in with the dedicated subwoofer channel, this allows me to leave the front 3 channels in full range mode. I still have the Theta, I think I am going to try it just for comparison to fulfill this thread. 
Based on all that I have read, the general consensus would be that the 8802 is faster and more detailed than the 8801 (more attack and clarity).  Marantz engineered a slightly faster slew rate on their analog circuits for the 8802 (using the new HDAM circuit).  The older 8801 will be slower/warmer sounding.
Just a brief update, I tested the Theta, was only able to do this in 2ch mode due to lack of time and source material. Also I've grown to love my current 9.2 setup and can't image life with 5.1 lol. As described above by Aux, the Theta was very fast/accurate. It sounded good but didn't really seem like a good match for my current setup, although I didn't take too much time here in tweaking. I will say putting the XPA's into class A mode was more noticeable than with the Marantz.