Marantz as a preamp?

I have a Marantz 2230 hooked up to a pair of Paradigm Studio 20's as my setup (as well as a Music Hall MMF 2.1 turntable). I bought the speakers a few years ago and am now ready to start upgrading my amp. Any thoughts on pairing an amp and using the 2230 as a preamp? I've never had a separate amp/preamp combo. I was looking at something like the Nad 245bee for its bi-amp capabilities or maybe even a tube amp. Something in the $500-700 range. The idea is that I would eventually upgrade the preamp part. Thoughts?
ds4000

I'm running the 20's through a little Carver amp controled by my PC. Good sound but I would consider a small tube amp with the Marantz as a pre.

I am thinking about a Dynaco rebuild myself ... the Paradigms love tubes and seem to shine. I had a little ARC amp for a while and I was amazed at what I got out of the Paradigm Studio 20.
If anyone is in the market for a nice Marantz, check out my ad for a Marantz 2230B. It is in almost new looking condition and it does sound wonderful.
Thanks, that was the encouragement I needed. If anyone has any experience with the NAD C 245BEE I would love to hear it. Any suggestions for a tube amp in that price range?
i used to have a marantz 4300 4 chanell receiver as a pre-amp to my mc2205 back in 2000 when i was introduced to McIntosh. in 2010 i bought a mc602 amp. the marantz was too noisy so i decided to buy a mcintosh mx132. no noise now!