marantz 9600

hey,folks
any one have the skinny on marantz flag ship av reciever.. this unit highly acclaimed before release yet u hear no one talking about it ...
zolasson

Showing 4 responses by duane

Hello again, You might have a good dealer close to you. What city are you near and what is your budget?
Line conditioners can hurt the sound by starving equipment of either the amount of power needed or the speed in which the power is needed. (most noticable on amps) I have always noticed Panamax shrinking the sound stage and making bass sound mechanical instead od free flowing and round.
Hello, I am a Marantz dealer and I also sell Elite, Integra, Sony ES, B & K, and Rotel in receivers and my only opinion we share with all our customers is that no one should buy a receiver in that price range when you can spend a little more to get good seperates. The onlo exception would be average seperates or if there is a strong space limitation.
Hello, Sounds good. That Projector is great. I would stay away from Panamax. They hurt the sound and they don't pay anything if you get hit by lightning. The Audio store I work at turned in 8 claims for customers and they didn't pay any of them.
I would look at a few lesser known conditioner companies like Transparent, Light Speed, Tice, or a Furmann.

Thanks,
Duane