Marantz 7007- amp not functioning

I have a marantz SR-7007 which is about four years old. Noticed that all functions work except I’m not getting any sound from any speaker.  Normally when you turn the unit on after a few seconds there is a noticeable “click” which I assume is some relay to the amplifier section.  Right now I don’t hear that click happening thus either something in the amp is fried or the signal to turn it on isn’t working. Again it turns on, switches inputs, hdmi pass through functions when off.  Just appears to be something with the amplifier section. Is there a standard process anyone can recommend to diagnose? I’ve yet to go through every single input and literally test everything and I’m going to try a power cycle tonight to see if that does anything but I have a sense it’s something with the amp.  
esthlos13

Showing 3 responses by esthlos13

SO somewhat good news i checked my credit card which i used to purchase the unit and they add an extra year to the manufacturer warranty period so working through the claims process. So far so good.  Despite the failure likely going to pick up the sr5013 or sr6012, which are close in price and will be covered by my refund. The family already knows how tomuse the marantz so it will just be simpler. Is anyone awar of any meaningful differences between the 12 and 13 series?  Scouting all the details online i couldnt see much. 
Hi - this is not my primary home theater system but probably is the primary viewing system. it’s in our casual family room where much is not optimal for sound and it’s used for everyday tv and music for the family room and kitchen.  Currently it has pioneer elite Andre jones atmos towers and matching center. They are the last speakers he designed before he left for elac.  They are fine for how we use them. The system has a TiVo roaming and Oppo 103, and nes classic hooked to a Panasonic vt60 plasma.  The most recent 4K stuff isn’t applicable to me yet but also don’t want to buy something that’s outdated already.