Marantz 2500 Volume Control -- Help!

MY MARANTZ 2500'S VOLUME CONTROL OCCASIONALLY GETS QUIET ON THE LEFT CHANNEL ONLY . ROTATING IT A FEW TIMES RESTORES THE SOUND . WILL A SPRAY , CLEAN AND LUBE , CLEAR UP THE PROBLEM OR IS THIS A SIGN THAT THE VOLUME CONTROL WILL NEED TO BE REPLACED FROM AN OXIDIZED WINDING ?I APPRECIATE THIS SITE AND THE VAST KNOWLEDGE OF IT'S MEMBERS . THANK YOU .
fbi
ZAWWIN , Upon rereading your original letter I decided tdo the obvious , ya know , the things I learned about 25 years o ago in high school and college . Jack LaLane is right " Use it or lose it !!" The intermittent loss was caused by the seldom used filter switch for frequency rolloff , namely the 9KHz . On my 1969 Fisher I Worked all switches and buttons before a listening session to get the cleanest sound I could . Well , a wife and children later I must be getting a little less fanatic about my music . Time to rekindle the audio fire , it's not too late . Once again thank you , you are a ZAWINNER . May GOD richly bless you .
If the job is done right it should last 3-5 yrs. You will need to activate all the switches and buttons 5-10 times every month or so to burnish off the oxidation. If you follow this procedure
Thank you Zawwin , How long will this take care of this situation ? Months , Years ? FBI .
Your channel problem is caused by oxidation on controls,switches and the protection relays.When you fiddle with the volume control you are increasing the signal voltage to overcome the oxidation and the sound will come back on. Then the cycle will start again.As a Marantz servicer for 25 yrs. here is my suggestion.Take your unit to a reputable servicer and ask them to clean all the controls,switches and the relay contacts and treat them with CREMOLIN D5.If you need additional help email me at [email protected].