Marantz 2325's interaction with 4 speakers/load?

I am bidding on a Marantz 2325 amp, and want to know can I drive my Thor speakers (like 6 ohm, I think) on one set of outs and with the other speaker outs run a pair of Seas W26's as woofers(has a proper xover). Will this load damage the amp over time? are the Marantz's built "like a tank", so no problem?? I wish to see how much more dynamics I can get out of the Thors with the Marantz, vs the little Jadis Orchestra intergrated. I use to have a Marantz 2015, for a little guy, sure was nice sound. I recall there was talk back in the 70's that the 2265/2250 was more musical vs the bigger Marantz's. True?
bartokfan

Showing 1 response by bguilhem71ab

Well, even if the 2325 is powerful and resistant, I wouldn't try to connect such low load (6+4 in //) expect if you promise to listen at very low level (ambiance style). But you mention an efficiency of 87db (small speakers I suppose), that mean that you will need sometimes to increase volume, and face overload problems in your output stage, that is to say : dangerous current increase and peaks in the output transistors, and then risk of overheat and/or blowing. Stay wise with 4 ohms, and I agree with brose@echosat : nominal Z at 8 ohms is safest and furthermore better, because it provides less damping to the system, which is always overdamped usually. Yours Sincerely.