Marantz 2325's capabilities?

Evening all,

I have just purchased a renovated Thorens TD-160 table with TD-16 arm.

Both have been restored and upgraded to go with my Modded Rega Saturn as sources for the Marantz...
Can somone offer knowledge and advise on what this unit's phono capabilities are and what recommended high output cartridges would form a nice synergy?
Would like the cartridge not to exceed $1k and less would be fine too...:)

Thanks for your time,

Azjake
128x128azjake
Xiekitchen,

Thanks for your response...I know they will be "bottom mounted" and i was trying to guage what type of output the phono section could handle.

As for the Saturn modded...very sweet, articulate and tonally correct.

Very good bass notes with exemplary front to back/side to side staging...
I bought mine new over 2 years ago and SLOWLY added section and quality upgrades...Compares now with anything up to 10k.
You do, however, take a hit when you go to sell it as many people feel these modders are all off in a lab somewhere...:)

Good luck!

Jake
Xiekitchen,

Thanks for your response...I know they will be "bottom mounted" and i was trying to guage what type of output the phono section could handle.

As for the Saturn modded...very seewt, articulate and tonally correct.

Very good bass notes with exemplary front to back/side to side staging...
I bought mine new over 2 years ago and SLOWLY added section and quality upgrades...Compares now with anything up to 10k.
You do, however, take a hit when you go to sell it as many people feel these modders are all off in a lab somewhere...:)

Good luck!

Jake
Don't know if I'm much help but wouldn't the Marantz series 2200 70's receivers want to see a MM (or high output MC) 47K ohm load? What about a $500 or so Grado, or a high output Benz Glider...
Had a friend way back when with a upper level Dual table, Ortofon cart., into a 2285 and it sounded great... BTW would love to hear the modded Saturn.. I have a Jupiter 2000, like it alot... have been wondering if moving to a Saturn is much better?