Marantz 10b repair

My 10b has developed some problems. I do not think thy are tube related but I can not rule it out yet. I have been told there are only a handfull of techs that know the 10b. Who would you send it to? I`m up in the Seattle area and I really dont want to send it to Audio Classics in NY, I know that is the best choice its the shipping companies that worry me. Thanks David
cylinderking_1
Fear is bad. I sent my 10B to AC and they shipped it back and it was flawless. Same with my MR-78 upgrade
Ive worked on a few 10B's and I would send it back to AC. BTW that tuner was designed by Dick Sequerra. Every tuner that came off the assembly line had to be trouble shot. No 2 are alike. I received this info. from a 2 hr. conversation with the late Sid Smith. Sid worked for Marantz for many years and was responsible for the output transformer designs on the 8B. He told me he went through almost 50 incarnations of transformer before he arrived at the one they used in the amp.
G.Garfield
Hello to all,

Well, here we are, a new year 2011.

I have a beautiful Marantz 10b that needs the magic touch of someone who is good with them.

I have replaced all electrolytics and the 3 optocouplers.

All tubes tested on a good mutual conductance tester, and subbed with new tubes to rule out.

It just has a fairly high distortion level, especially in the bass.

No alignment adjustments have been made as I am smart enough to know my limits!!

Help someone. Most appreciated to know who to sent this to.

Thanks, Bruce in South Carolina