Marantz 1060 vs. Mac 1700/1900

Hello, looking to add vintage system, any suggestion? I listen to a lot of vinyl and stream quite a bit, but I don't even really understand new stuff like what a DAC does. I currently have an entry level Denon HTR playing on Polk RTI A5 fronts and Sub. Great for movies but the turntable sounds a bit flat (budget Project phono stage). Would plugging iPod or computer into RCAs on a vintage Amp rival the sound of my Denon over AirPlay? 

Very tempted by the Marantz 1060 at its price on the bay, MAC 1700/1900 costs more but doable, Bryston B-60 at $900 is a stretch. Any comparisons on these or other similar options? Thanks. 
Abe

abl3rider

Showing 2 responses by normansizemore

I have had a ton of Mac gear over the years. It's really well made, the company still services everything and the sound is very good. 

To me Marantz sounds a bit dark and too warm. 

My vintage preference for receivers and intergrated amps is Sansui. I have a few. In particular I have a perfect 9090DB that seems to do everything just right. 

If if it were the marantz or the Mac, I would choose the Mac. Timeless looks and superb sonics. 
Schubert,

My first experience in audio was Sansui. I tell people this all the time, they do everything well. Never any listening fatigue. Not a lot of snob appeal, but tremendous build quality and sound. 9090 is a wonderful silky smooth sounding receiver. 
Norman