Maple platform under turntable, How thick?

Hi. I am thinking about getting this to put my Nottingham Spacedeck on. How thick? What to put under the platform? Brass cones? Boston Audio footers? Something else?
The platform will be on the hardwood floor, no rack.
Any thoughts?
inna
I haven't experimented with all the ideas mentioned above, but I can tell you this... I put my Spacedeck on a 4" thick Mapleshade block on top of their included cork/rubber isolators and it transformed the sound completely. Amazing improvement, and this is in a system where the table and electronics are already in a different room from the speakers. Could another type of footer be even better? Maybe, but I never felt the need to go any further. The Mapleshade wood is a bit different from most others in that it is air dried and that is supposedly responsible for a better sound. I wouldn't doubt that it does make a difference. 4" is reportedly better than 2".
I use four inch thick kiln dried Mapleshade platform on islocks under my clear auido Chapion ll table on a four inch thick four self Mapleshade stand with great results. The turn table itself weighs eighty pounds. Kiln dreid maple is soft and to me gives a very good sound. In my experiences I get a very open, authoritive deep rich sound. As stated by Stanwal, tweaks are not a one thing fit all. I also agree with Thorman about the brass cones. I use Bearpaws and Mapleshade.
On an Ariston tt, I have used 2-inch maple from Mapleshade with their rubber/cork/rubber footers to good effect on wood racks. On amplifiers I believe maple from Mapleshade(air dried) sounds better than butcher block maple. I have 4-inch maple from Mapleshade(which is supposed to sound better than 2-inch), but I haven't tried it on my turntable. Someone suggested trying maple blocks(I think he said Mapleshade has some, although I haven't seen it in their catalog) as a cheap way to try maple(maybe with isonodes under the maple?). As for other materials, I have used myrtle blocks with isonodes with good results on an early Nuforce amp.
Best you not entertain the half measures being suggested. The serious audiophile would go directly to an electron microscope table. These can be had for about $100,000. They will tell all that you are serious. Many years ago I visited someone who had such a table. He was so proud of it. I could not tell it made an difference. He was shocked.