Many seem to be talking about their last system .

What's up, people ? Going to die soon ? Or simply tired of endless upgrading ?
inna
Post removed 

I agree with @Jim204 that aging, in combination with the digitizing of physical media, has drawn me into a downsizing mentality.  In cosmological terms, it's analogous to the eventual transition of an expanding universe into a contracting universe.  Also the desire for a greener and lighter footprint.  As the younger generation of audio consumers is also embracing downsizing, large-scale systems building is likely in irreversible decline.    

Two kids in college has me off the upgrade cycle for now.  It will be interesting to see what the market looks like when I get to come back up for air in a couple of years.
I understand what you all are saying but I protest. Personally, I am not going to stop, not only to improve the sound but also to maintain the audiophile tradition and connection to the roots.
As for the availability of funds, well, it is always a factor but rarely the most significant one unless you accept nothing but the very best and new. Yeah, source material is what it is, even more motivation to get the most out of it.
However, younger generation doesn’t appear to be interested in all this. We have no-one to pass it on to - that’s bad. Better exploding universe than shrinking.