Manufacturers pushing their products and agenda in the forums.

In the deep, dark, past manufacturers participated in the Audiogon forums with a general sense of decorum and a sensitivity to other products that they did not manufacture themselves and which were, from a design standpoint, philosophically opposed to their views. 

What has happened? Manufacturers now post into the forums dogmatically espousing their myopic view of the hobby, shamelessly pimping their own products and view of the audio world and, even more disturbingly, running down opposing brands. 

IMHO, it may be time to throw the baby out with the bath water and ban manufacturers, distributors, retailers and importers. If they can’t get their act together they should take it on the road.
128x128viridian
Elizabeth: "Viridian is a blue-green pigment, a hydrated chromium(III) oxide, of medium saturation and relatively dark in value. It is composed more of green than blue. Specifically, it is a dark shade of spring green."

Hello Elizabeth,

So, you know this little whining, crybaby blue-green creature from planet Virid?  Careful, you're giving us clues about your home planet.

Tim

almarg:
 "Noble100 4-17-2019
I just wanted to add that I think we're lucky to have industry insiders, like almarg and others, post on various subjects here on Audiogon.

Thanks very much for the nice words, Tim. For the record, though, I do not now nor have I ever had any affiliation with any individual or organization in the audio industry, other than as a customer. My professional background is in defense electronics, primarily analog and digital circuits for airborne radar systems.

Best regards,

-- Al"

Hello Al,

Sorry about that, my error.  I meant to mention atmasphere as the industry inside, not yourself although I do appreciate your forum contributions, too.

Thanks,
  Tim
Post removed 

Can I make a suggestion. Sometimes it’s good to take a step out of internet forums for a few days and take a breath then come back in. When an internet forum becomes so much a part of your life that you start policing it maybe it’s time to step outside and take a breather.

The audio industry is changing and has been for a while. As well the late 90’s-late 2010’s generation of HEA is coming to it’s end game in many ways (the overbuilt over priced hobby). The new school is replacing the old and the old school (pre late 90’s) is having fun enjoying itself. There’s nothing about this hobby that is worth being abusive toward other members. That’s an issue for the forum owners to address.

I personally don’t read a lot of the threads here, but when I do happen across one that is an obvious flame I usually pass, because I don’t see the benefit or maturity in bashing. When I do see a basher the first thing that comes into my mind is "there’s a very sad person, someone who is certainly not a real listener". Real listeners are not unhappy people and if they are they usually keep to themselves. The folks you see disruptive on internet forums are not the real deal, never have been and never will be. Keep in mind that flamers can’t stand real folks and will do anything they can get away with to hurt others. Others of these folks honestly simply don’t have any other life of their own and these too are easy to spot after you are here a while.

Michael Green

http://www.michaelgreenaudio.net/