Manufacturers pushing their products and agenda in the forums.

In the deep, dark, past manufacturers participated in the Audiogon forums with a general sense of decorum and a sensitivity to other products that they did not manufacture themselves and which were, from a design standpoint, philosophically opposed to their views. 

What has happened? Manufacturers now post into the forums dogmatically espousing their myopic view of the hobby, shamelessly pimping their own products and view of the audio world and, even more disturbingly, running down opposing brands. 

IMHO, it may be time to throw the baby out with the bath water and ban manufacturers, distributors, retailers and importers. If they can’t get their act together they should take it on the road.
128x128viridian
millercarbon
I don’t mind dealers or anyone else posting whatever they want.
Within reason, agreed! Post away!
What I mind is sanctimonious virtue-signaling word-salad, that when anyone calls them out on it they find it easier to complain and have the post removed than defend their weasel words. That sort of behavior is shameful, and petty, and beneath contempt.
If it’s "beneath contempt," then why the contempt? This just sounds unnecessarily dramatic. After all, A-gon is just an audio forum. It’s supposed to be fun to be here, no?
But it still shouldn’t be censored ... It should be pitied, and pilloried, open to the ridicule it so richly deserves.
Pilloried? Open to ridicule? I don’t think that’s consistent with this forum’s Terms of Use. Please note that one of the reasons for moderators to reject a post is, "Abusive towards another member."

Showing a little courtesy towards others would really help this group - especially towards those with whom we disagree.
The culture of a chat board is measured by its members, not the moderators. 

Don't you guys have anything better to do than talking about the obvious ?
Respect the NATURAL SELECTION RULE and let the stronger(here I mean good hifi gears) grows and don’t courage ppl being PC ! I think most of us can distinguish a real end user experience from a subliminal marketing.