Manley Chinook or Any comparable Preamp?

His Guys - I have a line on a Manley Chinook ....any users have good /bad experiences? Anything comparable better in that range? 

MY gear: 
Lyngdorf TDAI -2170
Tekton DI SE's 
Technics SL15 w P205CMK3 cartridge (might upgrade to new table soon) 

* Friend of mine is recommending Acoustic Signature WOW XL / TA 1000 Tone Arm

thanks 
128x128tommypenngotti
Since you do have an opportunity on the Chinook, grab it.
I have spent some time with several popular tube units mentioned on Agon. The Chinookwill put your table/cart in a good light. As mentioned, you can also fine tune it by replacing just one of the 6DJ8's to personalize the sound. Power cord also, is another tweaky consideration.

2 other units that  that  are popular are the Herron and  Allnic. They show up now and then on Agon.
I noticed, having spent time with these nice units, it becomes hair splitting, with one or the other offering subtle nuance. Subjective-all "good" For me it then becomes, what does the most expensive unit offer, and is it REALLY worth it?
Yes , buddy of mine recommended Allnic ....I think I'll give the Chinook a whirl ....so you guys are suggesting upgrading the tubes? Please deliberate ...thanks 
Owned and enjoyed a Chinook so much that I traded it in for a Steelhead. I would say it honestly produces 85-90% the performance of the Steelhead, mainly in the area of microdynamics, likely due to differences in the power supplies.
tommypenngotti-Just one slot is the "money tube" I don't  recall which one, but you can contact Manley. 6DJ8. Listen to it stock for awhile, then decide if you want more excitement.
Out of the box, the Chinook is nice.