Managing stiff PC on lightweight component

I am trying to use a stiff PC on my lightweight Pioneer DV-47Ai transport which sits on top my DAC which in turn sits on roller bearings which in turn sits on top of of a Machina Dynamica Promethean spring platform. Any thoughts on how I can make this work are appreciated. I like the performance of the stiff cable as compared to the limp cable it replaced. The stiff cable can be bent to shape.
128x128wellfed

Showing 1 response by sol322

Wellfed:
Would've been helpful to have pics of your transport / DAC setup in order to try something more related to your specific condition.

Anyway couple of thoughts to share with you are:
-Try using the roller bearings with two out of the three on the back half of your dack. So there would be less "turning" or displacement if there is side pull from PC. Best would be to bend to shape so the PC reaches the transport at the same level so it won't be pulling down or to the sides the back half of transport /DAC combo. This is a little tricky to obtain but doable. It might be needed to device a support for the PC that won't interfere with roller bearing movement "that much"; difficult to eliminate but could be lessened. Would have to play with slack and positioning to enable this.
Your feedback
Luis