Magnum Dynalab MD809T Internet radio

Has anyone heard the Magnum Dynalab MD 809T tube internet radio? What are your favorite internet stations?
husk01

Showing 5 responses by bgordonr

i got MD 801T internet tuner last yr- play it thru my MD 108T FM tuner that has an internal DAC. This uses their 4 tube output stage and other goodies similar to the 809T. i also love the sound quality. - it really sounds good with quality 128 aac transmissions or 192+ mp3 streams-even some of the 128 mp3 stream are good & these are most prevalent streams.
as Hgeifman said the frontier silicon interface is nice and allows you to use your computer to select stations which then show on the internet tuner- also you can select and add to your account any internet station if you know the url. i find myself listening almost exclusively now to internet radio- just love radio paradise.com;
hgeifman- i tried your link- thats 192 mp3 i believe- here is what i have on my frontier for RP 128 aac- also need to change it to windows media to play the aac- if not it doesn't accept. check to see what the stream is by clicking on the i when it's playing to be sure u've got correct one. my e mail is bgrpph at gmail com
http://scfire-dtc-aa03.stream.aol.com:80/stream/10
hum link didn't show in the post- try again
http://scfire-dtc-aa03.stream.aol.com:80/stream/10
hgeifman, this doesn't seem to work either- can't recall how i did it but maybe i just changed the 128 mp3 url to show 128.aac. do need to change player to windows media for aac- lots on frontier only show you the mp3 when there are other aac streams- swiss jazz is one- its only 64 arc but i've got all of these on my added list and the one showing on frontier on my favorites. too bad many of the stations are only available thru various sites and its difficult to find the url to input into frontier.
b
sorry for the many posts folks-
think i figured it out how i did it in past- but my current macbook air mountain lion won't let me down the VLC player to see- i have it on my iMac and this is how i got the url for 128 aac- instructions posted below from site i just found- think this is what i did in past.

To kick off, go to the Radio Paradise website, click the 'Listen' tab and select the '128k AAC' option.
That will start the stream playing in your computer's media player: if you need one of those, the best choice is VLC, which is available free here.
With the station playing in VLC, either open Tools/Media Information, or click the button bottom right on the player window, which will open up the info. Copy and past the stream URL, which will be something like http://scfire-dtc-aa02.stream.aol.com:80/stream/1049.

You can now go to My Added Stations, and add the Radio Paradise AAC feed by pasting in the stream URL. Save, close... (i've added also with frontier i needed to change from mp3 to windows media)
yes, it's well worth it: the station sounds great in MP3, but even better in AAC, despite a fairly low (128kbps) bitrate. It's all in the encoding, you seeĀ