Magnum Dynalab MD809T Internet radio

Has anyone heard the Magnum Dynalab MD 809T tube internet radio? What are your favorite internet stations?
husk01
The Magnum Dynalab MD-809t is in production and its delivery status has not been published (I have one on order, see below).

My 807t Internet tuner is connected to my Luxman L-590-Ax integrated amplifier driving my Sonus Faber Auditor M Speakers in my living room. The music source is the Ayre CX-7eMP CD Player using Harmonic Technology Magic Link Two balanced cables (XLR). The 807t is connected to the Luxman Class A integrated using Harmonic Technology Magic Link Two cables (XLR).

I like my Magnum Dynalab MD807t Internet Radio tuner very much and highly recommend it. The setup is easy, the Internet station selection process is easy to use either on the tuner or via the radio portal. I am very pleased with the sound quality. The MD807t is highly recommended. Based on the specs, the 809t is even better sounding than the 807t.

I had several friends over and we switched back and forth between CD's and the tuner. Everyone felt the tuner sounded very good. However, when I heard the 809t has two power supplies, a newly designed audio stage with 4 6922 vacuum tubes, a 5.7” color touch screen, 3.5” touch screen remote and no capacitors after the gain stage of the tubes, I decided to upgrade. Magnum Dynalab also improved the DAC so that it boasts all incoming signals to 24-bit/192kHz.

These Internet tuners allow you to create and organize your favorite list of stations via an Internet Radio Portal website. This feature allows you to have a full list of the stations you listen to regularly on one page instead of having to search each time. Some stations come in sounding better than other stations. I try to select Internet stations that are using 192k or higher. Stations using lower numbers (such as 48k, 64k, etc) do not sound as good. The portal allows you to select music type (classical, jazz, etc) by speed.

As per Magnum Dynalab instructions, I setup the Frontier Silicon radio portal for this capability. It is free and very easy to use. The portal provides an excellent search capability to help you identify the Internet stations you want to listen to. You build your list on the computer and select the stations you want to listen to on the Internet tuner. This is an excellent feature and makes the Internet radio selection process much easier. New stations can be easily added or deleted using the Frontier Silicon radio portal. See

http://www.wifiradio-frontier.com/setupapp/fs/asp/AuthLogin/SignIn.asp?sLogoutType=OUTCOMPLETE&lngy=&sAuthErr=sp1&sAuth=

Frontier Silicon is an internet network provider that supplies over 15,000 stations (and growing) from all over the world. Users are able to "browse" stations by genre, station, and country.

Some stations for you to listen to are:

Radio Swiss Jazz (great jazz)

http://www.radioswissjazz.ch/en

Linn Classical (great classical)

http://tunein.com/radio/Linn-Classical-s122116/

Calm Radio (90 channels of jazz, classical, folk, blues, etc)

https://calmradio.com/channels.html

Calm Radio offers 90 channels of free music with commercials at a speed of 64k. I listened to the free stations for several months and upgraded this week to a Calm Radio one year $60 subscription for the 90 channels with no commercials and a speed of 192k. They offer many different type of music so you should give a listen.
i got MD 801T internet tuner last yr- play it thru my MD 108T FM tuner that has an internal DAC. This uses their 4 tube output stage and other goodies similar to the 809T. i also love the sound quality. - it really sounds good with quality 128 aac transmissions or 192+ mp3 streams-even some of the 128 mp3 stream are good & these are most prevalent streams.
as Hgeifman said the frontier silicon interface is nice and allows you to use your computer to select stations which then show on the internet tuner- also you can select and add to your account any internet station if you know the url. i find myself listening almost exclusively now to internet radio- just love radio paradise.com;
Bgordonr: What URL should I use to add Radio Paradise to the Frontier Silicon Add station section? I tried one and it failed to work. Thanks
Bgordonr: I used Google (Radio Paradise URL) and found the following URL:

http://www.radioparadise.com/musiclinks/rp_192.m3u

I added the above to the Frontier Silicon Portal and it works. Thanks..
hgeifman- i tried your link- thats 192 mp3 i believe- here is what i have on my frontier for RP 128 aac- also need to change it to windows media to play the aac- if not it doesn't accept. check to see what the stream is by clicking on the i when it's playing to be sure u've got correct one. my e mail is bgrpph at gmail com
http://scfire-dtc-aa03.stream.aol.com:80/stream/10
hum link didn't show in the post- try again
http://scfire-dtc-aa03.stream.aol.com:80/stream/10
hgeifman, this doesn't seem to work either- can't recall how i did it but maybe i just changed the 128 mp3 url to show 128.aac. do need to change player to windows media for aac- lots on frontier only show you the mp3 when there are other aac streams- swiss jazz is one- its only 64 arc but i've got all of these on my added list and the one showing on frontier on my favorites. too bad many of the stations are only available thru various sites and its difficult to find the url to input into frontier.
b
sorry for the many posts folks-
think i figured it out how i did it in past- but my current macbook air mountain lion won't let me down the VLC player to see- i have it on my iMac and this is how i got the url for 128 aac- instructions posted below from site i just found- think this is what i did in past.

To kick off, go to the Radio Paradise website, click the 'Listen' tab and select the '128k AAC' option.
That will start the stream playing in your computer's media player: if you need one of those, the best choice is VLC, which is available free here.
With the station playing in VLC, either open Tools/Media Information, or click the button bottom right on the player window, which will open up the info. Copy and past the stream URL, which will be something like http://scfire-dtc-aa02.stream.aol.com:80/stream/1049.

You can now go to My Added Stations, and add the Radio Paradise AAC feed by pasting in the stream URL. Save, close... (i've added also with frontier i needed to change from mp3 to windows media)
yes, it's well worth it: the station sounds great in MP3, but even better in AAC, despite a fairly low (128kbps) bitrate. It's all in the encoding, you see…
Radio Paradise plays mixed music types and each song flows into the next. I like it very much. This is a free Internet station with contributions requested but not required. The Radio Paradise URL's are:

192k MP3
http://www.radioparadise.com/musiclinks/rp_192.m3u

128 AAC
http://www.radioparadise.com/musiclinks/rp_128aac.m3u

I added both of the above URL's to my Frontier Silicon Portal labeling them RP 192MP3 and RP 128AAC. I can easily select music from either URL. I have not done enough listening to say what one sounds the best. The Radio Paradise person likes the 128AAC choice. Based on very limited listening, I tend to agree but I need more time to decide.
I traded my Magnum Dynalab 807t Internet Radio Tuner for their top of the line 809t Internet Radio Tuner. The 809t unit has two power supplies, a newly designed audio stage with 4 6922 vacuum tubes, a 5.7” color touch screen; 3.5” touch screen remote and no capacitors after the gain stage of the tubes. They improved the DAC to boast all incoming signals to 24-bit/192kHz. Bases on my conversation with Magnum Dynalab, I also had them install Teflon capacitors to improve the sound quality.

I immediately noticed an improved sound coming from my 809t over the 807t and was thrilled. There was more detail, the bass was better, it was clearer and the overall sound quality was much improved over the 807t. I like the 809t very much and highly recommended it.

My 809t Internet tuner is connected to my Luxman L-590ax integrated class A amplifier driving my Sonus Faber Auditor M Speakers in my living room. The 809t tuner is connected to the Luxman integrated amplifier using Harmonic Technology Magic Link Two cables (XLR). My other music source is the Ayre CX-7eMP CD Player using Harmonic Technology Magic Link Two balanced cables (XLR). I am using Synergistic Research TESLA Quad Speaker Cables.

My Magnum Dynalab 809t tuner is a great sounding tuner. Once of the many advantages of the 809t is the selection of music sources. One of my favorites is listening to Calm Radio. They offer 100+ channels of different musical tracks (see www.calmradio.com). You can listen at 64k at no charge including commercials or pay a $60 yearly fee (I did) and listen at 192k with no commercials. Linn Classical, Radio Swiss Jazz and Radio Paradise are also excellent free stations.

Over the last several weeks, I am have been receiving an increasing amount of re-connection error messages when listening to music. I discovered that others were having similar problems using the Cisco Linksys E4200V2 router (my router) on their computer. It seems the Cisco Linksys maximum transmission unit (MTU) Auto 1500 setting causes re-connection issues. Cisco Linksys Customer Service said to change the MTU 1500 setting to manual at 1392. As instructed, I also changed the channel width to 20MHz and the channel to 9 - 2.452GHz. Since I made these changes, the re-connection problems have gone away.

I am using the Neutrik NADITBNC-F AES/EBU Transformer to convert my Ayre CX-7eMP CD player XLR 110 ohm output to the 809t's COAX 75 ohms input. I am using the DH Labs Silver Sonic D-75 digital cable to go from the Neutrik transformer to my 809t (BNC to RCA). I have done limited testing but it seems going thru the 809t's DAC sounds slightly better than the Ayre.

A friend heard my system last week and agreed the 809t sounded very good.