Magnepan Sweet Spot

For the last year, I have been listening to my set of Magnepan Tympani IVs.  They are great at creating a wall of sound, and picked up substantial bass and detail when I acquired a Parasound A21.  However, I have failed to create the sweet spot I have experienced with other maggies I have owned.  Between this failure and the size of the Tympanis, I am considering selling them and looking at other Magnepan models to achieve the sweet spot. I have always loved the Magnepan clarity and detail, and do not need thumping bass.

The current Tympani arrangement has them at one end of a 22x12 room (12' wall behind them).  If I change them out, I think I will rotate the setup, so that the listening chair will be at one end of the 12' wall and the speakers 3' - 5' away from the other wall.

Given this setup, which of the Magnepan line should I consider to achieve that sweet spot??  I have MMGs but would probably get the LRS if I chose that size speaker. 

Heresy though it may be, if I turned away from the Maggies, what speakers would achieve similar results for about $2500 used?

kythyn
Oh hell live a little buy a pair of LRS and close your blinds.  Can you move them out in the room?  If not maybe you don't want mags after all.  Either side of the TV sounds like you don't
@kythyn ,
Though I like a sunny room, I also know how damaging those rays are to not only speakers, but furniture and textiles. There was a reason old houses were so dark.
 I would keep the blinds down or get something to filter direct sunlight.
Bob
Gammonit_2006.  I love the maggie sound, but think I am being overcome by the inconvenience of living with them. Even with the blinds open in the afternoon when sunlight is indirect, the six panels of the Tympani ivs block a lot of light.  

I have a couple more position experiments to do.  And I have a set of MMGs, some Jones Pioneers and smaller Advents all sitting around.  The LRS are a definite possibility.  
Window panels can be made with glass that blocks UV, thus reducing damage to your belongings.  If you don't want to replace the window glass, films can be applied that will also help. 

If you're in northern CA, I have a pair of Maggie 3.5's if you want to give a listen.  I have used them in various rooms and configurations, including in a room a little larger than the one you described. 

Bob