Magnepan's new LRS?

A brief blurb in Stereophile online (by Herb Reichert reporting from AXPONA 2019) gave accolades to Magnepan's new LRS. The local authorized dealer is not carrying it for unclear reasons (at least, the decision to not offer that model wasn't explained to me when I asked directly about it). Have any Forum readers had an opportunity to audition these and, if so, what's your opinion?
Thanks,Keith
kacomess
bdp24: That's who I contacted and I got the same report.  I was offered  the "upgrade" to the 0.7 as an alternative. So, I ordered them directly from Magnepan. I hope they will arrive within the next 3 weeks.
Pearl it isn't x3.  Oh well they don't want those 1.7i customers buying the LRS.  I can't blame them really.
I wouldn't be too hard on your dealers. They have a tough life these days.  First, NO ONE is buying huge high-end systems like they used to and you all know that.  SO, the dealer is stuck with the same monthly expenses, and if they do not own the building, rents are sky high even though brick and mortar stores are on the decline.  Not sure why, but it is true.  Next, manufacturers have had to cut back as well.  People today listen to music on their PHONE or in their car using their PHONE.

High-end was ALWAYS 10%-15% of the marketplace.  That marketplace has shrunk in real numbers even as the population increases.

I applaud Magnepan and others plowing new territory--Tesla(?)--by avoiding expensive selling options and giving people a chance to enter the world of high-end speakers, Magnepan is incenting them to upgrade and visit their dealers.  Now, not being in the company, I have no idea if their marketing area is doing a good job working with dealers on this strategy.  If I were still in business, I would visit the owner of the new speakers and set them up for the customer even though I did not sell them directly.  This person is a potential customer for everything else I sell.  

Maggies are so much more accurate than any box speaker that the owner will probably need better hardware or cables or something as he or she starts to appreciate what the speakers reveal.  Dealers who are not into this strategy are, in my opinion, not thinking very well, but then again, that is their choice.  Personally, I would pursue EVERY Maggie sale in my selling area with a note, call, etc., but that's just me!

Cheers,

RIchard
RIchard: those are interesting and thought provoking points. Thanks for posting them!Keith
Richard, there are posts by some close to Magnepan saying the new LRS was designed to work with higher grade electronics, unlike the MMG which apparently could reach its potential with most off-the-shelf receivers.  So there should be opportunities for dealers to do just as you suggest.

In fact it might be appropriate for Magnepan to notify local dealers whenever a pair of LRS are sold directly just for that reason.  But that might suggest too much of "big brother", even if similar things happen more often than we know about these days.