Magnepan, Ohm, Spatial or ??

I've heard the mag 1.7s and like the "openness" and other attributes.  However, the size and placement requirements are a killer for me.   I'm thinking Ohm and Spatial would be somewhat similar.  However, I can't demo them.  Any thoughts on these compared to the mags and any other "open" speakers I should consider?

Thanks all as usual!!

soundchasr
@dutchydog - 
But if they were the best speakers you ever heard what happened? :-) 
Dutchydog,

I understand that these speakers of yours had a nice “base“ to sit upon, but how did they reproduce bass?

One more thing, punctuation can be your friend if you let it......
@helomech 
I also had the Spatial M5 Sapphire for a few weeks and couldn’t stand them. They had none of the magic that the Vandy’s have. AND the speakers were damaged in shipping returning them to Spatial and Clayton put me on the hook for the costs. If it wasn't for the buyer protections on my Citibank credit card I would have been out the $2300 or whatever the costs were. Buyer beware.....

"Strange. I had quite the opposite experience with Clayton and Spatial. While I ultimately didn't keep the speakers due to room constraints I had at the time, the transactions were smooth and painless. "

My experience was also wonderful. Right up to the point when the speakers returned back to him damaged. He remained cordial and civil but seemed quite ok with me being out $2950. 

I don't wish to derail this thread. If you want to discuss further please DM me. 

I have Magnepan .7 now; previously had 1.6. For my taste they handily beat any box speaker in their price range. What I discovered after farting around with them for years is that a near field listening position makes them sound a bit dull. I've treated my room fairly well and so far the .7 whips the 1.6 on everything except treble extension. I also lust after the 3.7