Magnepan, Ohm, Spatial or ??

I've heard the mag 1.7s and like the "openness" and other attributes.  However, the size and placement requirements are a killer for me.   I'm thinking Ohm and Spatial would be somewhat similar.  However, I can't demo them.  Any thoughts on these compared to the mags and any other "open" speakers I should consider?

Thanks all as usual!!

soundchasr
I may be in the minority here but I strongly prefered the Vandy 1ci over the 2ce in two rooms in my house that are similar in size as yours. I made the mistake of thinking bigger is bettter. I suspect if you go with the 2's, the bass will quickly overload your room.

I also agree with the recommendation to take a road trip. If you come to NJ you can demo both the Vandy's at Audio Connection in Verona, NJ and the Ohms in Brooklyn, NY. 

You will learn a lot in the process and be in a much better postion to gauge what you want. 

Good luck!
I was wondering about the room size (19x13x8) and 2ce.

Right now, with the Onix RS750s, I don't have much bass at all in this room.  Was thinking the 2Ce would fix that..... 
Not familiar with those Vandy models but have heard Treos I believe it was in a much larger room in a mid room setup and liked those very much.

Matching speakers to room especially bass levels is important. You can always add more bass via subs if needed but too much is harder to deal with.

Soundscape in Baltimore is a dealer I am familiar with that has sold Vandersteen for many years. I believe they sold Ohm Walsh prior as well I was told back in the 80s prior to direct sales only when Ohm was still sold through an independent dealer network that went under largely and almost took ohm with them.

You might give them a ring and see what they may offer. I see several Vandy models on their sale website page.