Magnepan, Ohm, Spatial or ??

I've heard the mag 1.7s and like the "openness" and other attributes.  However, the size and placement requirements are a killer for me.   I'm thinking Ohm and Spatial would be somewhat similar.  However, I can't demo them.  Any thoughts on these compared to the mags and any other "open" speakers I should consider?

Thanks all as usual!!

soundchasr
Open the first link, then click on right arrow half way down on first picture to see other pics.
Although the Ohms in both those rooms are only a few feet apart, the soundstage extends wall to wall, a good 18-20’ in both cases with players very well located specifically within with most all recordings. Good mono recordings will image with a very lifelike, somewhat dimensional presentation, from dead center of the wall regardless of where along the wall the Ohms are placed. The Ohms do mono recordings better than anything in regards to a lifelike presentation. The bottom portion of my L shaped room extends about 10’ to the left of the bigger Ohms in teh first pic, the F5 series 3 (12" driver, refurbed Ohm F cabinets). The smaller are 100S3 (8" driver) in refurbed Ohm Walsh 2 cabs. Both series 3 drivers are 1 generation older than current X000 line.

I liked the Spatials very much and they made the cut  when I heard them but only a single demo in a hotel room at a show so my exposure is limited.
@rickytickytwo...   I am with you on the open baffle preference.  Ohms are actually baffle-less designs, with the "cans" sitting proud of the cabinet.  Bass frequencies fire into the top of the cabinet and fire out of a vent at the bottom above the plinth.  But most of the sound fires off the back of the cone and from the free air tweeter.
Yea the Ohms with the Walsh style wave bending drivers where the sound is emitted from the rear of the driver are kind of a open baffle hybrid design where the cabs come into play primarily for bass delivery.

Pretty sure the design is patented and nobody else does it this way. German Physics uses wave bending omni Walsh drivers but those cover the higher frequencies (which are more directional to start with) not the lows whereas Ohm is the opposite. GPs like most omnis including mbl require a lot of distance to walls to perform but not Ohm because sound is physically attenuated inside the cans in wall facing directions by default. Nobody else does that for you....you need room treatments for similar results close to walls.

Just don’t look inside the cans.......UGLLY!!!! John Strohbeen is the guru who figured out how to do this cost effectively without customers having to witness the resulting mess by hiding it in a very clean looking "can".

They do quite well at delivering a lot of good bass out of a relatively small package and go loud with suitable amp without ever showing any signs of stress, better than most.

Driver and cab size determines bass levels possible and suitability for a particular room size.