Magnepan for a small room

I'm interested in putting some Magies in my small office. It's 10x10x9 and I will be driving it with a Peachtree Nova 80w int. amp. Is this a good speaker for such a small room, and will I need a sub for bass extension for 2 channel stereo, mostly Jazz and Acoustic Piano music?
pastor_k
I have MMG's in a 12x12x9 room, with good results. The speakers are 3' from the back wall, which puts them 7' from my listening position.I have a REL T-2 to augment the bottom end. I think 10x10 will be too tight.
My alternative speakers would be either of the small Harbeths.
I have a set of MG-1's in a 10x10x8 room. I can't place them more than 2 feet from the wall and the sound is too high on bass and too low on highs. I use a Soundcraftsman equalizer to improve the sound but obviously that is a big bandaid. I'm hoping to move these to a bigger room later. I think you will be disappointed. Dan
Thanks for your comments. I've been looking at smaller bookshelf type speakers and planning on adding a sub, however I thought I might look at getting a floor standing speaker that would give me good bass for about the same price of bookshelf's plus a sub.

What would you suggest, a bookshelf and sub or just a floorstand speaker with no sub?

Thanks for your comments, I enjoy the interaction & discussion.
Here is a possibility that I believe might work very well in your situation, given your integrated, room dimensions, and musical tastes. The DeVore Fidelity 3XL would be a great choice. You might even like it enough to skip the sub. I like the 3XLs so much that I am considering selling my 2-way Verity Taminos and giving up a little in bass response to get the far less expensive 3XLs. They are a very impressive speaker!