Magnepan, B&W 803, or NHT VT3 ? ?

Hello everyone, this is my first post and my first high end system and I'm an truly a novice at this, except the wife gave me the go ahead for new speaker for the house (she got new living rm, & bedroom set) I recently purchase a used Cinepro 3K6 amp, and an Integra RDC7 w/THX upgd. My current speaker are early 90 Pioneer CS-T6100, 4 way.

I will be doing 50% music and 50% 5.1 movies. I have a subwoofer. I'm considering Magnepan MG3.6; B&W Nautilus 802/803; NHT VT3 or Klipsch RF-7. I have picked these speaker because of reviews and prices. I have only audition the Klipsch speaker to date. But I will be going out and audition what I can fine in my area. I just open for various opinions.

Thanks - hap
hap123

Showing 1 response by elevick

Determine where your listening position/s will be. The maggies sound great but only from a narrow field. Also, look at the center channel speakers. You really should get a matching center. Which ones can you afford and can they be easily placed? Will the center channel break your budget?

When listening, there are a few issues:
1-take your own cd that you know quite well
2-remember that different gear running the speakers will make them sound drastically different. See if you can take them home. Or, take your amp/pre in on a slow day and set up at the shop.
3-try to audition from a similar listening position as home.