Magnepan .7s' vs Zu Omens

Greetings Friends. I'm getting the fever again. I currently have a pair of Magnepan .7's which I really like with 2 caveats. One is that my studio apt. isn't 100% conducive to the ideal set up for them. The other is my primary listening is electric blues and classic rock (Tull, Zeppelin, etc.) and the Maggies (to me) lack that nth degree of impact that suits that type of music, too "polite" maybe? I've been intrigued by the Zu Omens and have been told they might be a better choice for my listening tastes. I know we are talking apples and oranges, hence I'm reaching out for thoughts and advice. Amp is Wyred A500 (needed the current for the .7's). Source is an Oppo BDP 105.
Thanks!
dan
128x128beernut

Showing 2 responses by jazzman463

I own the dirty weekend Zu 's and have owned Magnepan MG 2a,both are great. Speakers.Over the last several years I have moved to lower power tubes.I have the omen's powered by a Medloy SP3  in the living room and they sound great! Do not over look the speaker that has made it to my listening room, The Tekton Mini Lore powered by a Manley Stingray has become my sit down system. This combo in my small room (12 X 12 ) sounds the best to my ears. Happy listening .