Magnepan 30.7’s

Just received an RSVP invite from my local dealer to hear the 30.7’s. Wendell is stopping in to demo them June 16 so those questioning if they’re really coming out I’d say the answer is yes. Can’t wait.

Has anyone else heard of Wendell’s travels with the 30.7’s?
adg101

@seanheis1 - I also was at the Music Matters event in Seattle and the 30.7's are really nice. They are deserving of the flagship title, however I think Magnepan may have created a similar problem as Richard Vandersteen by having a 15k speaker that's state of the art in their line. It may make hard to justify the extra cheese for 30.7.

Cheers

I have a feeling that these won’t be very profitable to make, but a true flagship creates a halo effect on the rest of the lineup. 
I also was at the Music Matters event in Seattle and the 30.7’s are really nice. They are deserving of the flagship title, however I think Magnepan may have created a similar problem as Richard Vandersteen by having a 15k speaker that’s state of the art in their line. It may make hard to justify the extra cheese for 30.7.

My perception is a bit different. I felt that the 30.7 is a quantum leap in performance over the 20.7 or any single-panel Magnepans I’ve heard through the years. Compared to the 20.7, it was more transparent, more dynamic (though the 700 wpc D’Agostino Progression probably helped), went deeper ... The 30.7s stunned me something like the $200K Wilson XLFs did a few years back, but I liked the Magnepans more with their speed and utter transparency, their radiation pattern, their "truth to timbre," the sensation of live instruments and voices in the room ... and at a fraction of the cost of dynamic speakers that can do that.