Magico V2 vs. Sonus Faber Cremona M

Hi, I'm pretty new to high end hifi and this is my first posting here. So this question might sound silly but I hope the gurus can help me out here.

I'm seriously considering the Magico V2 or the Sonus Faber Cremona M. Can anyone share on the different characterictics of these 2 floorstanders in terms of soundstaging, imaging, bass, transparency, airiness, clarity, musicality?

Also what amp would best match these 2 speakers? I favour integrated amps.

Personal audition is very difficult and inconvenient for me as I would have to drive 200km to do it. So I depend very much on reviews and forums. Your response would be greatly appreciated and welcomed.
jtein

Showing 1 response by 4musica44107

The DeVore Fidelity Reference Silverbacks (at $16.8K) should be on anyone's audition list for speakers retailing under $25K. They excel in all of the OP's sonic goals and they are a relatively easy speaker to drive. They also excel in the very important "you are there" category. The only speaker that I have heard that beats them in the "you are there" category, the Shindo Latour's, cost $48K. John DeVore is a musical genius. You hear the proof every time you listen to the Silverbacks.

Here's another interesting observation re the Silverbacks. I have never seen a used pair for sale, here or elsewhere. Think about that and draw your own conclusion! ;->

Enjoy the ride!