Magico Mini 2

I've been listening to the same set up for a 6-7 years now and been fairly happy till recently, when I saw a pair of Magico Mini 2 at a used dealer.  I am of course very curious about these speakers as they were unobtainable back when they were released.

My present system are listed below.  For music, I value musicality, timbre and staging, listening mostly to vocals and small jazz groups. Nothing too loud in a small 12x18 ft listening room

Esoteric K05x with Cybershaft clock
Aurender S10 
Acuphase E450 
Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor 
Mixture of Acrolink and Shunyata cables with a Hydra conditioner

My questions are
-  Is the Magico Mini 2 still relevant and one of the best out there?  AT USD12K used, it isn't exactly cheap but certainly a price I can buy into to try the Magico sound.
-  Understand that its a power hungry speakers and I'll likely need to switch my amp as well eventually... are there any intergrates options out there that you can suggests?
- Not all standmounts are the same and while my auditors work well in my smallish room, can anyone advise if this will be a problem?  Changing the room is not an option ;)

Thank you for taking your time to read this and please offer your thoughts and advise, especially former/present Mini 2 owners. 

128x128petzzz
Many speak very highly of the Raidho 1.2 as well. I like the ribbon tweeter. Am not a Magico fan for the reasons mentioned. 1 + SF Extremas are a legendary speaker. And the three way with the back tweeter are excellent. I also love the SF look.
However, to my ears, they sounded too controlled to let music really flow (a consistent magico issue IMO), and despite being driven by serious amplification, sounded almost underpowered.

That's been my take-away impression of Magico speakers too (including the A3 I auditioned).  They seek such an audiophile-approved sound of "control" and reduction of anything speakerly, that they end up sounding, to my ears, restrained to a fault.  I hear all the details, but they don't reach out and grab me or groove.

Hi - I have heard the Mini2 in a very good setup and almost bought them but didn’t pull the trigger. First I think they look superb, even though they’re fairly hefty and take as much space as a good size floorstander. The design and build quality are first rate.
Soundwise, they have real qualities notably refinement and purity, without being perhaps as ruthlessly revealing as the subsequent Q series (the Q1 can be extraordinary). However, to my ears, they sounded too controlled to let music really flow (a consistent magico issue IMO), and despite being driven by serious amplification, sounded almost underpowered. They sure didn’t rock or let them hair down at all. On classical chamber music they might be fantastic but my musical diet is richer than that. If you like the warmth of your SF, I’d say exercise caution and perhaps consider other brands than Magico. How about a used pair of SF Extrema...?!

@derekw14   Thanks for your response... agree about the warmth signature and will listen to the Magico with that in mind  Your recommendtion is another hard to find legend that needs a lot of juice to shine :)。   I heard the Extrema sometime back and it is a great speaker that does not show up often

I had the SF Cremona Auditor M's for several years and comparing to the original Auditors, far more detailed and very highly resolving.  At $6K with stands, still a great "under the radar" performer IMO.  I too had the upgrade bug 2 or 3 years ago, auditioned most of the speakers mentioned above and at the time had a good friend that happened to be a Magico dealer.  I've been in metalworking my entire career and Magico was one of our customers here in Silicon Valley.....I REALLY wanted to like them and auditioned several times and could never warm up to them...just to strident and clinical for my tastes regardless what was driving them.  I ended up with Guarneri Evolutions and they best in every way the Cremona Auditor M's as they should for nearly four times the cost.  I can tell you both the Cremona Auditor M's and the GE crave good clean power.  I'm running McIntosh MC601 monoblocks and both of those models really opened up with that power.  They are highly resolving but require attention to details to bring it out...neutral cabling plus I have all gear on 3" maple, Symposium Platforms and a combo of Stillpoints or Rollerblocks.   My room is only 16 x 12 and have the GE's paired with two REL G-2's....
I noticed you mentioned the Auditors weren't as resolving as you'd like, but having heard Franco's original GH....as beautiful and full as they are they are not highly resolving in any way.  You Cremona's, while not as full and lush will be more highly resolving than the GH's.  Have fun and enjoy the search!
MAGICO mini 2s are a classic as well as A3s.
@ebm  Fully agree on the mini and will be auditioning the S1 MK2 and the dealer has the S3 next week