Magico Mini 2 vs Kharma Midi Exquisit vs MBL 101s

If price were not a consideration and you could have any upstream electronics you choose, in 16 by 22 room, which of the following speakers would you choose and why? Magico Mini 2 , Kharma Midi Exquisite, MBL 101 E, or the Sonus Faber Amati Annaversary.
husk01

Showing 3 responses by pedrillo

IMHO No speaker equals the mbl's.
The only one thing that makes me say that is that of all the rooms I entered at the shows, non made an impression of sounding life-like as did the mbl's.
But we all hear differently, and that's why we have so many brands to choose from.
Bottom line: find what works for you.
I must say : We all hear differently!!
That said, I still think mbl is leaps and bounds ahead of everyone else to my ears and my aural memory!
But why??????? Why are there so many speakers and their die-hard fans?
I must admit that I need to revisit the mbl setup. Since hearing them the last time when I was blown away I have done alot of listening and my ability to listen has improved. So now with more experience under my belt I would like to hear them again.
I think the best way to nail this is by doing a direct comparison, live music and then the speaker systems.
I would love to see this done, I would pay to participate.
Now that would be a killer stereo expo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mark,
I never stopped thinking about that LeGall set, and when I get the room I think I will go in that direction.
If it has some of the things I seem to be drawn to then it's a steal compared to mbl's.
Peter