Maggies damaged in transit questions

Purchased Maggie 3.5s in mint condition on Audiogon from Maggie dealer arriving last friday a week ago. The box was damaged on the outside and noted by the delivery driver and I signed what the delivery person called possible crushing on the delivery invoice. Result, One speaker spit frame about 6 inches down the frame and will not play. The other speaker rattles when played. Both speakers have scratches on them. The speakers must have been dropped.

I emailed the Maggie dealer of the issue immediately and followed up by phone. The store person was very nice mentioning she would do all the processing of the claim.

Yesterday I recieved an email from the store that it could take 3 weeks to recieve the insurance claim. Wanting a photo emailed to her. I do not have a camera and told her they are available for the shipper BAX to see any time.

What more do I need to do?
I am concerned that the timing for filling a claim could run out while I am waiting?

Buyer
lance328

Showing 2 responses by lance328

Update: Waiting for shipper (BAX) to arrange to see speaker damage and most likely return to store. My credit card has been charged but the bill has not arrived. I told the Audio dealer I would be patient until the credit card bill arrives and if the speaker bill is on the bill I would refuse payment. The speakers are here waiting to be looked at by the carrier.

The dealer Audio Solutions (Sarah) is OK with this. The dealer will not upgrade to new 3.6 due to a $2000 price difference in cost. What a shame they are exactly the color and model I wanted and searched 1 year to purchase.
Angela,

Buyer protection? I am not sure? After talking to the Dealer I am considering the option of having the Speakers sent to Magnepan repaired to mint condition and accepting the speakers. Anyones thoughts to this?