Maggie owners (past, present, future) what do (did) you love and or dislike about them?

I've always owned dynamic speakers, but I'm ready for something different. I remember about 15 years ago auditioning a pair of Maggie's at a small shop on the Plaza. Don't remember the model but I was astounded by the clarity. Couldn't afford them then, had 2 kids in college. Presently own a pair of Monitor Audio Gold 300's and they're very good speakers, but I've been reminiscing about the clarity of those Maggie's and I want a pair of the 3.7i's. Those of you who have experience with Maggie's let me know your love (hate) relationship with them. My room is 17 x 15 with a sloping ceiling up to 10 feet. Is that enough room for the 3.7i's to perform at their best?
mewsickbuff
I believe your room is fine and your power adequate.  I have had 3.6 Maggies for over 10 years.  I went through a number of amps and ended up with a pair of MC501s that make them sing.  It was a journey, but most satisfying when the end is so great! 
One last thing, for me, a tube preamp also raised the bar musically with my Maggies.

If I had a big room, I would move up the chain, but I feel I am limited in that regard.

Good Luck and Happy Listening
Thanks for all the input. I'm glad to hear my room is adequate for the 3.7i's but not too thrilled to hear my amp @ 400 watts into 4 Ohms is just marginally good enough. For visual sake if you're standing in my living room facing the street, my HT is set up on the right long wall with its own speakers to either side of the TV. My (music only) stereo speakers are on the short wall with a street-facing window behind each speaker (small 4x4 foot front door alcove to the right). It's already a tight squeeze around the right stereo speaker and left HT speaker. I'm almost thinking the 1.7i's might be a better fit for my living room. I can't see a speaker almost the size of a bedroom door further dominating that space and the 1.7i's are closer to the size of my present speakers. How do the 1.7i's perform? I've read one problem with Maggies is their imaging can be unrealistically larger than life. Have you found that to be true with the models you have (had)?
@ stilljim, Sounds like you're quite talented with revisions. I'm not and wouldn't consider changing a thing, lest I damage something.

Jazzman can i ask which model of Spatial OB speakers you have, and if you have heard Nolas, how would they compare?
I've owned two pairs of Alon - Nola OB speakers and loved them, the Spatials i am unfsmiliar with but they look intriguing 
My first personal purchase was a 500 dollar pair of Maggie starters back in the early 80s. I noticed the usual weaknesses like they needed proper placement and had terrible drop off if you weren't on axis. This didn't bother me much since the speakers were easy to move and proper placement was obvious by ear. Also common complaint was lack of bass and that was true. All of that was all overshadowed by a sense of dimension and space that was orgasmic and for the price...irresistible. The weaknesses had one final addition that arrived late in life for me...very low spousal approval factor. In the end I used the credit card and moved over to Thiel but that's another story.
mewsickbuff, take a deep breath! Your amp will do just fine. 3.7i' are not all that much larger than 1.7's they are just a more imposing image but in reality do not eat up that much floor space. The 1.7's are an apartment speaker. Your room is on the large side for them. 
Next. It is not that the imaging of 3.7i's to too large, it is that regular speaker's image is too small. It is like sitting in row 6 vs row 20. Forget about a realistic image of a jazz club with point source speakers. They can just not get you close in and large enough to be realistic but 3.7i's can do it just fine. You do have an interesting set up. If there in nothing between those windows you might consider putting your TV or screen between the 3.7i's and consolidate your systems. A lot of us do that. We put a screen or large TV between our 2 channel speakers and use our Stereo for HT duty. The only thing you need in addition are good subwoofers. I personally have absolutely no need for rear or side channels and nobody who has ever watched a movie with us has related being disappointed because of such. Quite the contrary. I do use a 113" diagonal screen and projector.