Made the move: Focal Maestro 3 to Focal Maestro EVO

Traded in my Focal Maestro 3 and have my new Maestro EVO’s sitting in my living room In beautiful black finish. First, I want to comment on their fit and finish. “WOW” they are simply gorgeous. I would take them on a date anywhere and they would be the envy of everyone with their stunning curves and eloquent display.  Since I have less than 5 hours listening so far, I will only make some brief comments on their sonics. The evolution from Maestro 3 to EVOs not only transforms the greatest strengths of the Maestro 3: presence, impact, and scale to a new level but also fixes its weaknesses. One area of criticism of previous generations of Focal’s has alway been in upper frequencies. I lived with the Maestro 3 for 3.5 years and I can attest to this area of concern. I can say without hesitation the beast has been tamed. There’s no hint of brightness or edge with the EVOs. Other areas of improvement are lower levels of distortion, tighter bass, much easier drive capability and listening enjoyment.  These areas of improvement have only been noticed with less than 5 hours of listening to a new speaker. If there is interest in this thread I will continue to update as break in continues.

hiendmmoe

I will. The Evo costs $38,000. I can't seem to find the price of the Maestro 3, only the Maestro 3 Utopia, which is $49,000.

I got offered stellas (EM not Evo) in black from a dealer. New unit for $40k shipped. This was 1-2 years ago. In hind sight I probably should have grabbed them. But I didn’t have the space at that time for such a big speaker. And also thats a decent amount of cash.

If I had to choose I think stella EM even used over maestro evo. But it would be interesting to do that face off.