Made in USA

I love to support USA products as much as I can. Even if it costs more. Id say 2nd choice Europe or Japan. Last place China.

So USA made HiFi products I have are... Magnepan, Odyssey, Geshelli, Rythmik, Schitt, Bluejean, Belden, Analog Productions( vinyl). Musichall & Monitor Audio (UK), Nagaoka, Magomi(Japan), 

Other USA made HiFi I know of.. Kilpsch (high end speakers), Jeff Rowland, P.S. Audio, Emotiva?

Im sure there are more. Please continue list and lets support our own.

bikefi10

Japanese integrated amp, Japanese preamp, American turntable, American speakers, American power conditioner. I’m not exactly the patriotic type, and haven’t bought an American car since the late 60’s. But just as "Made in Japan" used to stand for junk, Chinese manufacturing has taken over that catagory. Low prices coincide with an endemic lack of manufacuring quality control. Compare a simple item you can visually inspect like an American or German made tool compared to a Chinese equivalent. The difference is obvious if you look at the castings.

I laughed when I read (I think it was) baseball great Ichiro Suzuki’s farewell interview when he retired and was going back home to Japan. Out of the blue, he observed, "everything breaks in America". No wonder, everything here is Chinese made junk anymore. That’s not to say American cars weren’t made like garbage until Toyota and their ilke cleaned American carmaker’s clock with their excellent later 20th century Japanese quality control standards. But buying Chinese audio equipment and hoping to avoid the quality control quagmire over there is a risk not worth taking until they clean up their manufacturing act.

Until then there’s lots of dependable quality merchandise including audio equipment coming out of Europe, Japan, the U.S. and Canada and these are all free world counties where your consumer dollar isn’t supporting dictators and massive concentration camps like the Chinese treat the Uighar population to on the side.

Peace, love, good music, and do the right thing,

Mike

Being from California, I like to keep it close to home. Actually most of my main system is also from California. Pass Labs Preamp and Mono blocks. Magico speakers and Synergistic Research cables. All good companies all relatively nearby. 

I, too, have bits 'n pieces from basically all the major players, 'cause that's the world we now live on.

As long as it all 'gets along nicely', can't complain.

Open your fridge....tell me what you can't find elsewhere than somewhere else.

Imported alcohols, mexican tomatoes (seasonal items, air freighted), olives from Spain, Italy...Caviar is a bit harder to get, I'll assume...

Our world has become dependent on all of it, and we have become essential to make it 'run' in the way we count on it.

This tribal stuff is getting in the way, and may be the death of us to continue.

Just saying, mho...

Matrix Audio Element X into Willsenton R800i for me. Wish I could try this one out https://doge.audio/product/doge-10-padc/ , but alas, not today.

I have European built speakers, Focal 948, or sometimes the speakers that I build myself (mostly with the European components in them). Except the inner cables, of course, Silver plated oxygen free coper comes from China. Also the interconnects and speaker cables (Nordost Odin) come from China, and at the fraction of what I would have to pay if bought from elsewhere. Good stuff, and it is really getting better on every level.

Ah, forget, I have Linn LP12 to play LP’s, that is British.

I am British and live in England.

I buy the components I think are best and suitable for my needs.  My amplifiers have been all  Audio Research and (old) Krell.  I had Naim in their glory days in the 1980s.  Martin Logan CLX Anniversary. So far, all American.  Phono pre-amp is van den Hul The Grail, so Dutch.  Record player Simon Yorke, English but he moved to Spain before he built my S10.  Cartridges Dutch, Danish, German.