MAC to DAC connectivity

I am waiting delivery of my first dedicated DAC. I decided to try a MHDT Orchid (non oversampling R2R dac). It is on its way from the designer in Taiwan.

Here is my question. My MAC is about 20 cable feet away from my integrated amp. That is longer than a single USB cable can run. SO I believe I have two options:
1) use a USB clarifier/re-clocker like the Wyred 4 Sound Recovery unit. With this I think I could run two 10' USB cables from the MAC to the DAC and get a "better" signal to the DAC.
2) Run a short USB cable into a USB/SPDIF converter like the Schiit Eitr, and then run a longer SPDIF RCA cable to the DAC.

Which option seems to be the smartest of the two? The cost is pretty much the same when I look at all the cabling and hardware options.

I am really new at DAC/MAC solutions so starting from scratch. After I get it set up the next round of questions will be around the options interns of players on the MAC.

Thanks for your input.
stuartbmw3
Addendum to my post about the Audioengine D2 wireless: It can be used to connect one's Mac to one's own DAC [via the D2's receiver}. From Audioengine:

•  Can I use D2 to connect my computer wirelessly to another DAC in my audio system?Answer: 

Absolutely! If you use the USB input of the D2 Sender, then connect the D2 Receiver optical output to your DAC and the D2 will act as a wireless 24-bit USB-to-SPDIF converter and stream high-resolution digital audio to your favorite DAC. You can also use the optical input on the D2, in which case the D2 will act as a wireless optical link to your DAC. Can I use a third-party (non-Audioengine) AC power adapter to power my D2 Sender and/or Receiver? The D2 AC power adapters have been specifically designed to provide stable low-noise power to the D2 so only use the included Audioengine power adapters. Using any other power adapter will compromise the audio quality and may damage your D2.

Again.... I post this with possible apologies to the OP.... This time because the Audioengine wireless solution to his Mac to DAC problem may not be the cost-effective solution he is after, since the Audioengine system costs about $399.

Thanks. It is an interesting solution, and kind of elegant....but I think I would be duplicating DAC functionality between the Audioengine and my Orchid....so it becomes less attractive from a cost and stranded capability for me (i think).
Well, it is true that you would be paying for a dac that in effect you would not be using, i.e. the one in the Audioengine receiver, on the assumption that your Orchid turns out to be superior to the AE dac. 
On the other hand, you would be able to do quick AB comparisons between your Orchid and the AE dac, simply by switching from one input to the other on your integrated amp--- I am doing it right now with my Denafrips Ares and the AE dac.... Kind of interesting.
But, seriously, I am straying from a focus on your concern as registered in the OP, namely, getting a good solution to the problem of establishing an effective Mac to dac connection over a distance of approximately 20 feet. The best solutions would involve going "wireless" over the distance, which is why I even brought up the Augioengine D2 idea.
Good luck and happy listening, Sir. 
@stuartbmw3 .. looks good. Please let us know how you like the DAC and cable arrangement. Best.
I have both USB and Ethernet interfaces to my DAC, using S/PDIF coax. I can do WIFI as well using an Ethernet-WIFI adapter.

By far, the best SQ is achieved using Ethernet, but the devil is always in the details. If you use a converter for Ethernet to S/PDIF or USB to S/PDIF, the input and output cables must be great quality or the SQ will suffer. These distances are really a non-starter for USB IME.

I would suggest the following:

1) connect an AQVOX switch to your router using a long generic CAT5 or 6 Ethernet cable.
2) Use a high-quality 0.5m Ethernet cable like the Wireworld Platinum from AQVOX to an isolator,
3) Use a EMO EN-70e isolator:

https://www.emosystems.com/?s=en-70e

4) Run a second 1.5m high-quality Ethernet cable (Wireworld Platinum) from the isolator to a low-jitter Ethernet Renderer like the Interchange:

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=156409.0

Then run a high-quality 1.5m BNC-BNC S/PDIF cable from the Interchange to your DAC.

This will deliver optimum SQ using the shortest cables and the best converters.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio