Mac MA2275 versus Jadis DA60

Hello all. Would those who have experience with both please compare/contrast the two? I am not only interested in sonics, but such things as build quality, reliability, and technical support as well. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Happy Listening!
gamecock

Showing 4 responses by pubul57

Egoben, what speakers were you listening to wit hthe Orchestra when you felt the bass control was lacking?
OP may have made a move by now, the original question was asked 3 years ago.
On reliabilty and technical support grounds alone, I think the answer is pretty obvious. MAC is one of the best in the world. On sonics I leave that to others since I've not heard the DA60.
Not at all suprising you would be dissapointed in bass perfomance with that matchup - I don't think the bass performance you were hearing is an inherent quality of the amp, but of that particular pairing - for that speaker it seems you would need current to really drive and control it, not sure the DA60 would be ideal either, though better. I would get a 100 (or more) SS integrated to drive that speaker (86db, 4ohm and probably quite a bit less than that in the bass region - not ideal for 35 watt tube amps).