MA7900 anyone experience problems with firmware ?

Just joined the forum, so greetings fellow audiophiles. I have an MA7900 that I purchased in 2016. A little over a year later I had an issue where it would not power up. Standby light was illuminated but when power button was pushed... nothing.
  Checked the fuse and unplugged it thinking it may be a standby power issue or fuse was shot, but to no avail. Took it to Audible Elegance (Cinci - good people) and they had it repaired under warranty and said it was a firmware update.  Well, the same thing (seemingly) happened today. Good fuse, same symptoms. Unfortunately, warranty expired 3 mos. ago.   Pretty disappointed, have always thought McIntosh was solid, trouble free gear. No complaints for the sound quality and the DAC is top notch. Please let me know if there are any of you that have experienced the same/ similar issue. Many thanks.
ubbcbus

Showing 1 response by davekayc

My c46 goes berserk sometimes . Volume wont work with the remote or the dial. Some times you turn it on no sound at all. If i kill the power and turn it on again everything corrects.