MA Gold 60s-JM Labs 926 or Revel Performa 50s

I heard the Monitor Audios with the Dipolar surrounds and they sounded great in a big theater. I was wondering if they compete with the JM Labs & Revels as an all around system I have a B&W 507 receiver and will be using them for both Home Theater and Music. Is this enough power to drive the JM Labs or Revels? Also, I am trying to decide between a Velodyne DD-12 or SPL1200 subwoofer. Are these decent choices? Any suggestions?
smetaxas

Showing 2 responses by aball

I have heard all three of those and own the 926s. IMO, the Revels and the JM Labs are definately more refined than the MA Gold 60s - particularly the soundstage and high frequencies.

As for power consumption, the 926s are pretty darn efficient and will need a lot less power than the Revels. I am very very impressed with my speakers - I auditioned many before choosing the Electra 926 and I have been extremely pleased with my decision since. Let me know if you want any more info. Good luck! Arthur
No sub or surrounds for me. I am very very VERY picky about image focus so HT just doesn't meet my needs. Arthur