Lyra Delos

I currently have a VPI Classic with a Benz Glider S and all Manley electronics- Chinook Phono, Jumbo Shrimp Pre and Snapper Monos. I am really enjoying this system, but sometimems find myslef looking for a little more detail and treble extension and a little tighter on the bottom end. From what I have been reading, the Lyra Delos might give me what I am looking for; has anyone ever compared these two cartridges? Are there any other cartridges I should also consider in the Delos price range?
post2338

Showing 2 responses by post2338

Thanks for the feedback from all; I decided to go ahead and purchase the Delos; I will post my impressions after I have some hours on it and provide some comparison to the Benz Glider S.
After my original posting in in February, I decided to go with the Delos. After listening to it for over 60 hours, I am extremely pleased; it gives me the detail and air I was looking for and the control on the bottom end; excellent complement to my VPI/Manley front end. It is somewhat more forward and detailed than the Benz Glider which is what I needed in my system. However, my plan is to still keep the Benz as it is still in my opinion an excellent cartridge, and mount it on a 2nd arm and use it on my vinyl recordings that sound a little too hot in my system. Lastly, I did not find the difficulty of mounting the Delos to be of any more significance compared to other cartridges.