LYRA DELOS CARTRIDGE TOO BRIGHT, THIN AND SHRILL SOUNDING

Have had a Lyra Delos Cartridge for the last month and have any of you goners noticed a elevated treble, shrill thin bright sound from this Cartridge? I wish I had my HANA ML back. This Lyra sounds horrible!!!
jeffvegas

Showing 12 responses by tomic601

got a fantastic and very detailed note from @jcarr about a question i had re Delos on Triplaner. 

Ozzy, we long since left the OP and the community of Delos and better Lyra owners have found some ground, fertile in places to gather…turns out it is here….
beer proof  cantilever may not exist….or sober but overzealous housekeeper…….
What makes you think the Kleos is more durable?
I am thinking you need a Grado or a stack of 2M Blacks…

BTW I like the Bronze and Black, great values, user replacement stylus, solid company, etc

Jeff - wish you the best man

@jcarr

while we have you here and helping, indeed advocating nice, can you look at the PM i sent you about Delos and a Triplaner. You marked my simple ? as “ spam “I asked Bruce H. my ever awesome dealer in San Diego and my recollection is he sent me to you.

Bruce gets fine sound out of a VPI with a Delos, top line tube phono / pre, SS Vandy amp and Kento speakers….best sound i have heard out of a unipivot…

so a vote for returning cart to Lyra for checkup
also, i have a $3k Herron ( FET and Tubes ) that is magic with a Delos….

I have a Hana ML and a Delos. Same phono and IC ( AQ Fire ) ( Herron ) , different tables.  Your loading and or your VTA are wrong. Undamaaged, and not worn out  you will have a long list of buyers at $500.