Lyra Delos A truth teller or what?

My experience with the Lyra Delos has been good and to put it the best way too revealing?  So far my original vinyl sounds incredible, especially stuff from the Golden age of stereo.  Amazing to say the least.  However, newly remastered stuff sounds extremely overdone and in some cases unlistenable and I am talking about a lot of Classic reissues.  Is this just the way it will be or will this cartridge still relax a little as I only have roughly 50 hours or so on it?
tzh21y
Okay, I might have been a little over excited.  It is definitely ONE of the best cartridges I have ever heard.  
Lyra and other MCs don’t dig up more detail. They just over exaggerate what other cartridges don’t. It’s false information. But to a casual listener, it may seem like a revelation.

Them’s fightin’ words. Seriously however, where are you located? I’d love to demonstrate a well set up system to you.

Obsession with false detail, soundstaging and PRaT are pet peeves of mine.

Tonality and correct timbre are two of my primary acceptance criteria in a musical reproduction system. If you really get the timbre right, the rest will follow, but most individuals put the cart before the horse, and as a result, they’re constantly tweaking and replacing components.

I was once at a customer’s when another respected designer was also visiting. I was dialing in the azimuth on the customer’s turntable when he commented "the flute is in the right position in the soundstage" (words to that effect). It sounded wrong to me and I commented: "yes, but does it sound more like a flute or less like a flute?

In a well balanced system, I guarantee you'll hear nuances that have you completely rethinking a musical work’s interpretation and this will have nothing to do with false detail.

Cheers,
Thom @ Galibier Design
The Delos is tonally colored. The Helikon was tonally more accurate. I can’t talk about other Lyras though.