Luxman M6000

Just bought one - Read it was a very special Commemorative Amp for Luxman in 1975, so I know abit of the history; have also read it is supposedly one of the best amps ever made (when cost was no object), and that it is a beast to power... Please advise any consistant or known problems that are associated with it (it supposedly has received an overhall and updaate) - and if there is a particular signature to the sound.

Have purchased this and a PS Audio HCA 2: to power my Acoustat 2+2's without the medallion upgrades (in storage for far too long), and a (new to me) pair of Mark and Daniel Ruby's - can't wait to hear them sing!!!

I'm starting with a Marantz 8001 SACD or *(see below); If I use the Marantz, I have not decided on a preamp - can try my Lazarus Cascade Basic Tube preamp or Mcintosh MX-112 (I have both), and was considering a Plinius CD LAD or ????

*And please don't be weirded out by this question: * could I pre-out my Linn Classik ( sans FM, origional model I bought in 2000), using it as my front end or will something blow up on me? - WHY would I even consider this, you ask? - Because I have it, like its sound, and use it with my Grado SR60's...

OBVIOUSLY - although I am paramountly interested in the music, I'm a fledgling in audiophile electronics...

... would appreciate your thoughts and/or help - please?!

Thanks... and across the miles:
Best Wishes for Good Health, and more of what you want and need in your life: Bill
daddy101195
I had the similar M4000, it should work with either tube or SS preamps, I used it with Lux CL35 [tube] and C1000 [SS]. If it has level controls on front panel like the 4000 then any line level input can be used.