Luxman l-509u or Accuphase E 450

Looking at either of these 2 amps to run tannoy canterbury se speakers . Just woundering if any one has veiws on these amps , or any others to consider listening to . Not to keen to go down the tube amp road .
cheers lancer
lancer181
A friend has the Luxman you are considering and it sounds nice--warm, spacious and deep soundstage, runs cool. I am not sure I'd consider it as the last word in dynamics however. Tell us about your room, source, specs on your speakers, other information is helpful.
The Accuphase E450 is killer, but I have to add that a mac with autoformers with classic tannoys is infinity listenable.
specs for the canterbury
PERFORMANCE
Recommended amplifier power 50 - 275 Watts
Continuous power handling 140 Watts RMS
Frequency response 28Hz - 22kHz -6dB
Sensitivity 96dB (2.83 Volts @ 1 metre)
Nominal impedance 8 Ohms
DRIVE UNITS
Dual Concentric™ high frequency 51mm (2.00") with aluminium alloy dome, Alnico magnet system with Pepperpot Waveguide™
Dual Concentric™ low frequency 380mm (15.00") treated paper pulp cone with HE twin roll fabric surround. 52mm (2.00") round wire wound voice coil
Dispersion 90 degrees conical
room size
6.500 m L x 4.700 m W 3.000 m stud

just to throw another into the mix, someone is selling a Jeff Rowland Model 7 amps & Coherence pre-amp which seem to have good reviews , or is it getting to old??
Luxman has a more lively, dynamic, upbeat sound

Accuphase is more of the refine, smooth,wide, deep soundstage type of sound.

Both amps sounds very good in their own ways.

Its more like comparing a BMW vs Mercedes.

I've owned both brands & I could live with either one. There is no bad choices on these amps.