Luxman Integrated - What do they sound like

Hi Everyone,

I'm considering getting myself a late 2018 Christma present or early 2019 birthday present.

Modern Luxman reviews are really hard to come by, and are generally just superlative without being very qualitative. I mean, it's all "rah rah rah!! " and no actual details.
For anyone who has listened to them lately, can you tell me what they actually sound like in comparison to other nice amps I might have heard?

Thank you,
Erik

erik_squires
The comparisons to Parasound are a big help. I owned A23s for a while (2 amps) and I can't hear a difference between that and my current amps (ICEpower 250 ASP).

I’ll give this a try after owning a 590AII with Verity speakers and a 550AX with Devore speakers.
Warm side of neutral, bit of golden hue to the music.
Very clean and clear at low and mid volumes but not the best at higher volumes. I always detected a bit of energy at high levels that made things a bit bright. Some would say grand and welcomed but I think a little harsh. Not the case with the 600a or 800a.
Not the black background you would get from Pass or SPEC amp but again this was a higher volume issue for me. Wasn’t room feedback because it wasn’t there with other amps. They got a little flat at high volume (les dynamic).
More body than Ayre AX7e, less dynamic, smoother, a little less black background that Ayre is known for. Less etched than Simaudio intergrated I owned I5.3. Not dull or too full sounding like Plinius 9200. More vibrant and musical than Mac 6300 and 6500.
Closer to a tube character than any of the above mentioned. Soundstage more "live" than above.
Great build quality and loads of features.
Not too hot running. Great WAF.
I've heard a number of Luxman pieces.

590AXII is 30W Class @ 8 ohms. Has the classic Class A sound with a nice midrange bloom. Just note it runs out of steam pretty quickly so a fairly efficient speaker is a must IMHO.

I like the 507/509 sound better and they can drive a wider range of speakers. I've heard both a number of times but never compared the 507 to the 509; that being said they both have good overall bandwidth/resolution and are not sterile but they do have nice detail retrieval. I'd think the 509X is the better, probably a little sweeter sounding but nearly twice the cost. It is supposed to have the first 2W in Class A.

Heard the C900u/M900u yesterday and it is pretty nice. Very good slam but not great midrange fleshing out; treble is very good and fatigue free. (See "My Long List of Amplifiers...…." here for much more detail) This particular audition was on TAD ME-1s. We played tubes from ARC and that was better. The Ref75 SE with the C900u preamp was pretty good pairing and and the same pre with BAT 56KSE monos was even better. Both of these combos had better more fleshed out midrange and cymbals on the BAT may have been better than the Ref75. 

To sum it up, the SS Luxman gear I've heard, barring the 590AXII, has nice resolution with good midrange and upper registers and yet is not fatiguing or hard sounding. Luxman has a good name because their gear is pretty enjoyable to listen to. Their gear is also very sexy, especially the 509X and the C900u/M900u. Hope this helps Erik.
I'd think the 509X is the better, probably a little sweeter sounding but nearly twice the cost. It is supposed to have the first 2W in Class A.

This beast consumes 150 W while idling!! I doubt its just the first 2W. :)