Lunim T2 vs Cary Audio DMS 600

Hello Fellow Audiophiles,

I currently am looking to upgrade to a quality streamer/DAC combo and after a few months of research have pretty much narrowed it down to the above units which I intend on demoing.  I am interested in internet radio, Roon, and Tidal (as well as my own music on my NAS).  I have a full McIntosh system and am going to list my Media Bridge shortly.  I would like to keep my budget in the $4000-$6000 range, but closer to $4000 now if possible.  I am wondering what thoughts/experiences fellow members may have.  Thanks.
spipa
I would compare the Cary DMS600 to the Lumin X1 their top of the line unit. The Lumin X1 cost almost twice as much as the Cary unit. The Lumin X1 has a digital sampling rate from 44.1 kHz to 768 kHz. That’s comparable to the Cary DMS600 which has the same rate. The Lumin T2 (current unit) and the T1 (the older model) is comparable to the Cary DMS550 (current unit) or the DMS500 (the older model). The Cary DMS600 is $6,999.00 & the Lumin X1 is $13,990.00. Both great choices but I went with the Cary DMS600 because of the warm sound that works well with my tube preamp and the monoblock tubes. Not dismissing the Lumin T2 or the great X1. My choice wasn’t based on price. It was based on what works for my system and how I access the application. For example, I have over 40K invested in my turntable. My cartridge alone cost more than my Cary DMS600. I’m just being honest and and this was a choice for me. Make sure it is a solid choice for you.

Enjoy the music
Wow, lot's of unbiased folks with actual ownership or demo experience of both picking Cary over Lumin.
Sounds like it is system dependent.  I have the Lumin T2 and really like it.  Big improvement coming from streaming from my computer.  There are times when the Lumin can sound a little bright or harsh, but I think it is more due to the recording, than the Lumin.  Most recordings  sound very dynamic with a big soundstage.
I have only recently read these glowing reports of the Cary Audio 600 DMS, but there are no dealers in my state that carry (no pun intended) that unit in order compare it with.  The Cary Audio web site shows the list price is $7,0000, which is more than the Lumin T2 list price of $4,500.  I did notice that the web site states they are out of stock currently.
bwguy52 posts04-30-2020 3:00pm I have the Lumin T2 and really like it.  Big improvement coming from streaming from my computer.
Of course it will be big improvement coming from streaming from a computer. Were you using your computer as a DAC too before Lumin T2?

As for Cary Direct pricing, they area always on "special" typically 40% when selling direct. So the DMS-600 would (and has been) be roughly $4,197
Good to know about the sale pricing, but website does not currently list it on sale.

I previously used the DAC in my Classe Sigma SSP.