Lunim T2 vs Cary Audio DMS 600

Hello Fellow Audiophiles,

I currently am looking to upgrade to a quality streamer/DAC combo and after a few months of research have pretty much narrowed it down to the above units which I intend on demoing.  I am interested in internet radio, Roon, and Tidal (as well as my own music on my NAS).  I have a full McIntosh system and am going to list my Media Bridge shortly.  I would like to keep my budget in the $4000-$6000 range, but closer to $4000 now if possible.  I am wondering what thoughts/experiences fellow members may have.  Thanks.
spipa
I have a DMS 600 and sold a T2   All depends on the rest of your system. The T2 can sound fantastic with the right electronics and cabling   I have Persona 5 f speakers  which are more on the detailed or brighter side of neutral. The T2 would sound great on 7 out of 10 songs but would get grating after extended listening systems .
The Cary is perfect for my system. Detailed but smooth and always listenable with fantastic low end   The Cary does not need a pre amp as its 3 volt output drives a pair of Kismet Monoblocks beautifully where the Lumin will need a pre to sound it’s best. The Lumin app is much more user friendly. Cary is Roon ready
the Cary has an integrated SD card reader which sounds pretty fantastic. The Cary’s list is 6900 ( can be bought for much less)vs 4500 for the Lumin. The Cary has many more features and really doesn’t need a pre to shine so to me the Cary is a one box wonder (28 lbs) while the Lumin Needs a pre and a additional set of cables to be at its best. The Cary has additional digital inputs for CD players or cable boxes. So again can be used as a high end digital preamp. The Cary’s display is full color w/art work if that’s important to you. T2 can really sound great in the right system but the Cary is much more forgiving overall   It’s Sabre Vs AKM chipsets   Even though the  there’s more to the sound that the chips they certainly have a certain flavor 
You can buy the Cary with a trial period but you will pay considerably more. Maybe AudioTroy can hook you up for demos
The Lumin may sound better off the bat but really need extended listening with all types of music. Good luck with your purchase. Both great players but really different sounding players and feature sets.