Lumin X1 or dCS Bartok

Both of these beasts look like they could be that “forever purchase”. These are basically the newest offerings from both well respected companies and are within spitting distance of each other price wise  (without the Bartok headphone option installed). Anybody heard both and able to comment?
spinaker01
ozzy,

Yes, the X1 has a single USB that can be used either for input or output.
As a point of clarification on the Lumin X1's USB connection, it can be used as an output with Native DSD512 support, PCM 44.1–768kHz, 16–32-bit, Stereo. As an input it supports connection of USB storage, flash drive, USB hard disk (Single-partition FAT32, exFAT and NTFS only).
bill_k,
Sorry, I am not too computer savvy. What does a single partition Hard Drive mean? It is a Western Digital hard drive that only has my music file on it. However they are in folders by artist.

ozzy
Hey Ozzy! A hard drive can be partitioned to appear as multiple drives instead of a single drive (i.e. a 5TB drive can be single partitioned with its full storage as D:, or be partitioned to appear as multiple smaller drives such as D:, E:, and F:) Sounds like yours is in the standard single partition, folders are not an issue.

However while I believe the Lumin will recognize a hard drive like yours connected via USB, to have full indexing and metadata display they recommend that you run MinimServer which is free server software. So I think you’d be best off connecting the drive to a PC on your network and run MS on the PC to support that drive, or else use a NAS drive instead of a USB drive and run MS on the NAS drive.

I don’t own a Lumin myself but this is from what I’ve read about them. I’d suggest discussing your setup with a Lumin dealer to ensure how it will work with your current drive, what limitations is might have, and how to set it up with MS if needed as I know Lumin recommends.