Lumin X1 dont see many virtual audiogon systems with this?

Why is this?  Lumin X1 looks like an amazing streamer with an exceptional dac.

what am I missing by not seeing it in many systems? Only 3 shown?
jumia
@jumia
The X1, from an authorized dealer only comes with the included PSU…I dont think its available without it?

Stereo and phantom center HT is how I roll…Its a shared space.  Currently, everything inputs into the Diablo 120 dac via toslink or USB.  With the X1, the analog output will favor stereo listening (while still keeping USB if and when needed). HT will also remain toslink into the Diablo dac all controlled with the same remote.  

Btw, if you have a special (non-streaming) dac, the U1 is really stellar.

In terms of functionality, the X1 is an odd product. It integrates a streamer, a DAC ... and half a preamp (volume control, but few source selection options). To me, the new Lumin P1 makes more sense (just in terms of functionality/usability).  For a few thousand dollars less, you get full preamp capabilities, an integrated power supply, and an included Roon-ready IR remote. It comes with dual mono ES9028PRO DAC chips instead of the more advanced ES9038PRO as in the X1. I wonder what impact this has on SQ compared to the X1. If listeners can't detect a significant SQ difference, then the X1's days may be numbered.

P1 has Too much crammed together. Source limits, if any, is a minor issue.

better dac is key.

You question inspired me to post our den system :-).  Absolutely love the X1, especially the value aspect.  Auditioned against the dCS Bartok, Rossini and a 90K MSB stack.  I actually preferred it over the dCS pieces, and found it almost equal to the heavily upgraded MSB at less than 1/5th the price.  It does call for an optically isolated ethernet path, though, such as a GigaFOIL.  I found the power supply great as-is and could not hear a difference between it and a Keces, though perhaps worth noting that the AC front end already has a Burmester 948.

I’ve got a T2 (direct to my amps) and will likely upgrade to an X1 (or its successor) eventually.

I don’t find the X1s limitations to be problematic. I stream exclusively. I need a streamer and a DAC. I don’t ever plan to go back to physical media (or go through the tedium of ripping all my old CDs) so I don’t need an external digital-in, source selection or separate boxes.

The only thing that gives me pause is I think both DAC/Streamer tech is rapidly advancing, and will warrant replacement every 5 years or so. Doesn’t make much sense to me to upgrade too fast, there’ll be a better mousetrap every 3 years. Oh, and the T2 sounds fantastic.