Lumin or Aurender

I have about 4k for a new streamer. I was looking into Lumin and Aurender. I need a streamer with an Integrated DAC. 
Also looking at NAD M10. Which of these is best in terms of performance, reliability, value ? I watched a YouTube review by Michael Borzenkov, a well regarded Russian audio reviewer, who claimed he couldn't tell a difference between vinyl and A100.  Currently running Blusound node 2 into Mac c2600 dac. Thoughts?
ei001h

Showing 2 responses by mgrif104

While I have gone the completely digital route, I would be highly skeptical of anyone who claimed no real difference between vinyl and digital.  They don’t sound the same, though digital can sound very, very good.  

The M10 is intriguing - do you want an all in one unit?  Really convenient, but probably outperformed by the Lumin and Aurender units.  I do like the BluOS system quite a bit though be forewarned of connectivity issues if you run the M10 over WiFi instead of Ethernet (much preferred). If you’re really looking at the M10, you might also stretch a bit and consider the Linn Selekt DSM. Elegant and highly functional too.  Lumin and Linn can both interact w/ Roon if that’s important. The Aurender cannot.  Auralic will also have unit(s) you should consider, that work with Roon and sound quite good.

It would help if you told us what your priorities are -we could give you better feedback.  

Best,
Larry5729,
I have a Bluesound Node 2i in one system. I also have an Aurender N100H and an Auralic Aries G2 in other systems.  For fun, I compared them directly in the same system using the same cables.  While tonally they sound similar, there is a very large difference in spatial perspective and information offered with the better units.  The Aurender is significantly better than the Bluesound.  And, the Aries G2 is again better than the Aurender N100H.  As well they should be for the price differential.  For those who believe bits are bits (suggesting little difference in servers/streamers) and that there are DACs that are generally immune to jitter (as mine is supposed to be), I would say you’re really missing out.  I am now of the opinion that the server/streamer is at least as important and probably more important to sound quality than is the DAC.