LSA Voyager GAN Amplifier

Just got mine last week.  After 24 hours of play all I can say is that this is not your father's class D amplifier.  There is not one thing about its sound that reminds me of the class D gremlins that I do not like.  The low end filled in and now has deep impact, the midrange is the love child of a beautiful tube and clean hybrid amp - just gorgeous.  Highs are very clean and extended. Spatial cues are top notch. My system has had some damn good tube and solid state amps in it before and it has never sounded this good.  I am blown away with the quality of sound coming from class D amplification at this price point.

This 300 wpc amplifier is a real winner.....
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xjaymark
OH my!  Did a simple mod that made it warmer and more detailed.  Then did another tweak to the system that was needed.....OMG this amp is good!  I will wait till I have done several more mods to comment again.  To busy crying.
The stock Voyager is very good however I had a similar feeling.

I was not moved
The Voyager is not as good being colored as my CODA and KRELL, which both sound great. Going the other way to make it sound super clear and naked would be a great choice. 
1. LSA Voyager 350 $3000
2. Wyred for Sound amp $3000 not yet released
3. Peachtree 400 amp $3000
4. Orchard Audio amp $2500 about to ship

What’s with all the love for the LSA stuff & Peachtree stuff (pretty looking boxes) ? I’m sure it sounds pretty good but aren’t they just pre manufactured GaN Amplifier modules with a custom input stage. Kinda like what PS Audio does with the ICE Amplifiers with both FET (M700) and Tubes (M1200)

While I’m a self proclaimed Orchard Audio Ultra Fanboy, I see no recent activity over on the Unofficial page I setup

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/unofficial-orchard-audio-starkrimson-ultra-amplifier-owners

What gives ? Are you all a bunch of "Old Guy Geezer Audiophiles" that don’t takes these younger (under 50/under 40) Audio Engineers (ok...EE’s) seriously and just go buy whatever buzzword/company name is the flavor of the month ?

I seriously think it’s time Audiophiles give more credit and exposure to what’s happening now in the industry and stop reminiscing about the good ’ole days" of Tubes and Transistors.

No argument that the GaN stuff ain’t cheap to build and market. But as I read that people are seriously swapping out their dearly beloved Tubes & Transistors for these devices manufactured by Infineon & GaN Systems. It’s very reminiscent of when people got rid of their LP’s and replaced their collections with CD’s. While that was a mistake (myself included) in the 1980’s/1990’s. Technology’s such as DSD and Hi Bitrate PCM along with advances in CD remastering and come along since those harsh sounding CD’s of the 1980’s.

Hell, I’ve got a BATVK50-SE in front of Leo’s loaner Ultra Amplifier and it sounds fantastic !

" Technology’s such as DSD and Hi Bitrate PCM along with advances in CD remastering and come along since those harsh sounding CD’s of the 1980’s."

Your clueless when it comes to REMASTERED CD's. The Original CD Pressings in the 1980's are VASTLY Superior in most cases compared to your beloved "remastered" Crapola nowadays that is compressed to death/Brickwalled/Loudness wars...whatever you want to call it.  Maybe yours sound like garbage because it coincides with the level of gear your using.
rajugsw,
Sorry you got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. You sound like someone in need of love. I love you.....you are beautiful. The whole world loves you. Give yourself a hug.

Orchard makes a GaN module (that he tried to sell to VTV) and so does the company that makes the ones for Peachtree and LSA. Who is to say which module is better? The Orchard amp is not even released yet. And who cares how old someone is that designed it? Then there is the $3K Wyred for Sound amp coming soon. So, there will soon be 4 GaN amps in the same price range......then there are mods to each one.....so that makes 8 different possibilities. Are you going to be the first to have all 8 of them in your room at the same time and burn them all in for 200 hours and A/B them all and tell us which one you like best? The GaN wars are just starting. We will have more and more of them.

So, stop whining and enjoy what you have. Your amp may be better than "theirs", or it may be different, or worse. Sorry it means so much to you. FYI...The Orchard amp uses a cheap chassis from Italy.....I know, I used that one for my EVS1200 amp. If you press on the top it goes down. If you press on the back panel it moves in (I had to do mods to it to not have it do that). Not well designed. Do you think the Orchard tree logo looks great on it? The power supply Orchard uses is a stock power supply from Hypex. Sorry to burst your bubble. I don’t care which one is best.....I mod them all.

Enjoy this moment.....it is the only moment that is this moment.
Breath......everything is fine.....just the way it is.
Love yourself and everyone.
Dance and sing a joyful song.